Jul 19, 2010

Origami obsession

I'm way behind on actual Teeny Traveler entries; since my last post we've come back to Singapore, spent a weekend in Bali, and if I don't hurry I'm going to lap myself twice over - we're headed to Sweden/Finland (and me for a weekend fun getaway to Spain) in, oh, approximately 104 hours. As usual I have tons of work to do and probably some packing to think about, but in the past few days I've somehow got myself an insane origami box obsession. I'm still trying to sort out how to put these up in my etsy shop, since selling these would involve mailing them, and getting these to someone without getting crushed is going to be a challenge. I'm almost there, though - the solution involves a few coats of Mod Podge and Polyurethane (to give the boxes more stability/strength), an inner styrofoam form and a bit of bubble wrap. The square boxes are absolutely adorable - 1" square, and the octagonal boxes are just gorgeous. I found myself a supplier just around the corner for a great selection of papers - I've found that I have to go there sans kids or husband, because I just can't bear to hear, "Let's go, let's go, let's go, Mama/Honey it's time to go!" while I'm standing there stroking and drooling over all those rolls of washi/chiyogami/yuzen. Yummmmmmmmmm.