Jun 9, 2010

And in other news...

For the next 2 weeks, the Teeny Travelers are in Reston, Virginia, enjoying the gorgeous weather and Lolo/Lola love. The trip and the jetlag has had interesting effects on the Small one, who is normally THE most good-natured, happy kid you have ever seen. Upon arriving, he screamed at the top of his lungs for half an hour (he did this last time we came back to Singapore from the U.S., too... hmmmm), then proceeded to be irritable, cranky, and only soothe-able by mama or papa for the next 48 hours. Yesterday, though, he woke up, and he was back to his cheery normal self. Kids are weird.

But back to what I'm REALLY worried about: trying to get some Burberry plaid onto little Suri Cruise. I found this idea/tutorial on matsutake that seemed perfectly reasonable and pretty cool.
Here she is, all fresh-faced and full of hope, in her little spa towel:
I'm pretty sure I used all the same materials matsutake recommended, but alas, 48 hours later: little Suri now kind of looks like a luxe homeless person.Now I kind of wish I had tried this on someone other than Suri Cruise, because then it would fit so well into that Hollywood cycle of inevitable demise and sweet redemption. But of course, you can't do that to a little kid. I should've made a little Drew Barrymore instead.