Sep 22, 2008

Tougher than it looks


She's had this camera for a few days now, and loves to "take pictures" with it, but still can't coordinate closing only one eye and looking through the other one to see the wild animals displayed in the teeny weeny viewfinder. I basically have to hold the camera for her and then cover her other eye so she can see the giraffe/elephant/cheetah/whatever. And then she gets so excited that she almost falls off her chair, screaming "I found it! I found it! I found the elephant! Do another one?" Then she pushes the "shutter release" button and a new animal pops up and we go through the process all over again.

Reminds me of Mik's boss's kid, who had just gotten his first school report from Montessori school. Among the usual bits about enjoying story time and working well with others, was a single negative comment: "Can't skip."