Sep 2, 2008

Mama on the Silk Road

Caption: Dork on a Bachtrian.

Assalamu Alaykum. For the next few days, the Teeny Traveler is staying home in Beijing (apparently eating a lot of meals at The Den - the rugby team's pub - and going to school with messy hair - and no, I'm not necessarily complaining) while Mama runs around in the far far far west of China: Dunhuang, Gansu province; Turpan, Urumqi, Lake Karakul, and Kashgar, in Xinjiang.

-----
9 September Update: I had wild delusions of blogging from the road, but horror of horrors, I didn't have an internet connection the entire trip. I used to think that after a trip, I could go back through my ticket stubs and re-read my guide book, and try to remember when I went where and did what... but honestly, how often does that ever happen? I haven't even unpacked yet, and we leave again for the U.S. tomorrow afternoon. So I'll spare the world the blow by blow, and let my pictures tell the story.

The full album (of my best 170 photos, ha ha) is on Picasa.
http://picasaweb.google.com/empimorn/SilkRoadTrip#